Adding music to a video on an iPhone can be done using various methods, depending on your preferences and the apps you have available.
This step-by-step guide will show you how to unlock your creativity and add music to your videos on your iPhone, all for free. Whether you’re an aspiring filmmaker, a social media enthusiast, or someone who loves capturing moments, this guide is for you.
Benefits of Adding Music to Videos
Adding music to your videos can have a profound impact on the overall experience for your viewers. It can evoke emotions, set the mood, and enhance the storytelling aspect of your videos. Whether you’re creating a travel vlog, a product review, or a short film, the right music can make all the difference. Here are some key benefits of adding music to your videos:
- Setting the Mood: Music can create a specific atmosphere in your videos. Whether you want to convey excitement, suspense, or nostalgia, the right soundtrack can instantly transport your viewers to the intended emotional space.
- Enhancing Engagement: Music can captivate and hold your audience’s attention throughout the video. It introduces an additional intrigue dimension and keeps viewers hooked, increasing engagement and watch time.
- Creating a Professional Touch: Adding music to your videos gives them a polished and professional feel. It elevates the quality of your content and helps you stand out in a sea of mediocre videos.
Having grasped the advantages, let’s delve into adding music to your videos on your iPhone.
Choose the Right Music for Your Videos
Choosing the right music for your videos is crucial as it sets the tone and enhances the overall experience. These are some things to Consider
- Consider the Mood and Theme: Consider your video’s mood and theme. Is it upbeat and energetic or calm and reflective? Choose music that aligns with the intended ambiance. There are many genres and styles, so explore different options until you find the right fit.
- Match the Tempo: The tempo of the music should complement the pace of your video. If you have fast-paced action scenes, opt for energetic tracks, while slow and melodic music works well for more contemplative moments.
- Avoid Copyright Infringement: When choosing music for your videos, use royalty-free or licensed tracks to avoid copyright issues. Some websites and platforms offer various affordable or free music options. Some popular sources include YouTube Audio Library, SoundCloud, and Epidemic Sound.
Now that you have a better idea of choosing the right music let’s move on to the step-by-step guide for adding music to your videos on your iPhone.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Add Music to Videos on Your iPhone
Adding music to your videos on your iPhone is easier than you think. Follow these simple steps to create captivating videos:
Step 1: Import Your Video: Select The video you desire to distribute within the Photos application on your iPhone. Add music to. Please tap on the video to open it, then tap the Edit button.
Step 2: Choose a Soundtrack: Tap the Music icon in the editing interface. It will open a library of soundtracks available on your iPhone. You can browse different genres or use the search bar to find specific tracks.
Step 3: Preview and Trim the Soundtrack: Once you’ve selected a soundtrack, you can preview it by tapping the play button. If you want to use only a portion of the track, drag the yellow handles on the timeline to trim it accordingly.
Step 4: Adjust the Volume: Use the volume slider to adjust the volume of the soundtrack. You can also choose whether you want the soundtrack to play in the background or override the video’s original audio.
Step 5: Save and Share: Once content with the alterations, tap the “Done” button to preserve your edited video. You can then share it directly from the Photos app to various social media platforms or save it to your camera roll.
While the built-in features of the Photos app provide a convenient way to add music to video on iPhone, there are also third-party apps that offer more advanced music editing capabilities.
You might want to check: Making Money Online As A Nigerian Student For Free.
Using Built-in Features and Apps to Add Music to Videos
The Photos app on your iPhone is a great starting point if you want to add music to video on your iPhone. Still, several third-party apps are available if you’re looking for more control and customization options. Here are some popular apps that can take your video editing to the next level:
- iMovie: iMovie is a robust video editing software app developed by Apple. It has various features, including adding music, sound effects, and voiceovers. With iMovie, you can create professional-looking videos with ease.
- Splice: Splice is a user-friendly video editing app that allows you to add music, trim clips, adjust transitions, and apply filters. It also offers a vast library of free soundtracks, making it a great option for beginners.
- InShot: InShot is a versatile video editing app with various capabilities, including the ability to add music, apply filters, and add text overlays. It also allows you to adjust the speed of your videos, add stickers, and create collages.
These apps provide a more comprehensive set of tools for adding music to your videos, giving you greater control over the final result. Experiment with different apps to find the one that suits your needs and preferences.
Exploring Third-Party Apps for Advanced Music Editing
Several third-party apps specialize in audio editing and mixing if you want even more advanced music editing capabilities. These apps allow you to create custom soundtracks, adjust volume levels, and add special effects. Here are a few notable options:
- GarageBand: GarageBand is a popular music creation app offering various instruments, loops, and effects. You can compose your music or import existing tracks to create unique soundscapes for your videos.
- FilmoraGo: FilmoraGo is a comprehensive video editing app with powerful audio editing features. It allows you to adjust volume levels, apply audio effects, and add voiceovers to your videos.
- Adobe Premiere Rush: Adobe Premiere Rush is a professional-grade video editing app with advanced audio editing capabilities. It enables you to combine various audio tracks. Apply filters and effects, and fine-tune the audio levels to achieve the desired result.
These third-party apps open up possibilities for adding music to your videos. Explore their features and unleash your creativity to create truly unique and captivating videos.
Copyright Considerations When Using Music in Videos
When you add music to video on an iPhone, it’s important to be aware of copyright laws and use licensed or royalty-free music to avoid legal issues. Here are some key considerations:
- Royalty-Free Music: Royalty-free music is a type of music that can be used without paying ongoing royalty fees. Some websites and platforms offer royalty-free music for free or for a small fee. Make sure to read the license agreements and follow the usage guidelines.
- Creative Commons Music: Creative Commons licenses allow artists to share their work with specific usage rights. Various Creative Commons licenses exist, so check the specific terms and conditions before using the music.
- Original Music: If you have the skills and resources, creating your music is a great way to ensure you have full control and ownership of the soundtrack. It eliminates copyright concerns and allows you to create a unique video-audio experience.
Always credit the original artist or composer when using their music in your videos. It shows respect for their work and helps promote their music to a wider audience.
Following this step-by-step guide on how to add music to video on iPhone, you’ve learned how to choose the right music, add soundtracks using built-in features and third-party apps, enhance your videos with music, consider copyright laws, and troubleshoot common issues.
Remember, adding music to your videos is not just about making them more visually appealing. It all comes down to the emotional connection with your audience, capturing their attention, and telling a compelling story.
So go ahead, unleash your creativity, and take your videos to a new level. With the right soundtrack, your videos will leave a lasting impact on your viewers. Happy editing!
Recommended for you: